Monday, October 6, 2008

Buon Giornio!




Last week, P7 and S1 had a visit from two Italians! Melissa in P7's mum works at IBM and brought two workers to tell us about modern day Italy and Rome. It was absolutley fascinating! We saw lots of pictures, learnt LOTS of interesting things about Italy... and even learnt a smattering of Italian! 

P7's take on the morning:

James: I never knew there are bus time tables in Italy! You just have to wait for the next one to come along!

Oliver: The Roman Colossuem was very interesting to hear about and I hope they don't bring back the lions.

Christopher: I can't believe that when a train is five minutes late they still call that on time.

Euan: I didn't know that pizza was invented in Italy!!

Conor: I didn't now that the biggest river has a tiny name- PO!

Dariah: I can't believe how much pasta they consume!

Melissa: I didn't know they drink so much wine!

Shannon: I thought it was funny that there is a fountain in Rome that you shouldn't drink from or you'll split up with your boy friend or girl friend!

Georgina: I loved the way they move their hands when they talk and get excited!

Amber: I really enjoyed it!

A really successful morning! And a BIG thanks to Angela for organising it for us!!

Ciao :)

(photos coming soon!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really liked that lesson on Italy -Nathan :)